Thursday, August 24, 2017

URGENT: OLD GCR STREAMS TURNED OFF

Dear GCR Partner Stations:

As most of you know, I have switched to a new streaming company to meet GCR's needs better, and at a price that I can afford.

I have sent you all several e-mails over the Summer explaining that this was happening, and that the old server would be shut down by the end of August. This has now happened.

The old GCR1 stream was turned off for good earlier this week, as the one station still using it had switched to the new stream. The old GCR2 stream WILL BE TURNED OFF FOR GOOD at Midnight on August 25th, and cannot be switched on again after that.

I see by the stream log files for both servers that some of you using GCR2 during the overnight have not made the transition to the new stream. I am sorry to leave your stations without any service, but, I cannot continue to pay for two streaming services, especially when most of my partner stations have already made the switch.

I sent you one more e-mail with the new stream URL for GCR2. If you did not receive this e-mail, or if you have not been getting any of my e-mails regarding this change, then please contact me immediately so I can give you the information you need to update your automation systems, and so that you can resume carrying GCR2 once again.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience or loss of service to your station. This new server will give you more reliable GCR service, and will help me to keep costs down. Considering I don't charge you for access to GCR, and I don't make any money whatsoever running this service, keeping costs down is critical.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Jason Longwell
GCR Station Manager